Substance Abuse Outpatient Treatment
Outpatient level of care involves putting to work the strategies and skills developed in Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient programs. Clients are able to attend counseling 2-3 days a week, while continuing to submit frequent drug screens. Many patients work or go to school full time while attending this part of the program.
IOP, or Intensive Outpatient Treatment, allows clients to work and live at home while they receive counseling 3 or more days a week. This part of the program is very important, as patients begin to identify areas of their lives that need growth. IOP often lasts 90 days or longer.
- Achieve abstinence from drugs and/or alcohol
- Foster changes that support a new, healthy lifestyle
- Develop a positive support system
- Improve coping skills and problem solving strategies
- When the client has achieved his or her goals in Partial Hospitalization, he or she is transitioned to Intensive Outpatient level of care.
- Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
Get Help Today
Your treatment plan is designed for steady progress, with every phase promptly implemented.
Partial Hospitalization allows clients to receive the help they need while living at home. Some clients are able to work while receiving this level of care. This provides a high level of accountability, while maintaining a level of independence for the client. During partial hospitalization, clients receive substance abuse counseling Monday through Friday. Frequent drug screens are also performed.
Goals While in IOP
- Develop a drug-free lifestyle
- Learn to enjoy life in a healthy social network
- Identify relapse triggers and develop strategies to prevent relapse
- Identify personal and relational problems and begin resolving them
- The next step is Outpatient Treatment.
Outpatient Treatment Goals
- Resolve situations and issues that have potential to trigger relapse
- Practice relapse prevention strategies
- Involve family in the recovery process
- Improve emotional and social functioning
- Invest in the lives of others who are in early recovery
Our aftercare program ranges from 3 -6 months after completing the outpatient or residential program. Generally, clients will attend weekly at first, then twice a month, and eventually monthly. It is a great way to stay connected and accountable, and also provide support and inspiration to those who are newer in their recovery.